His vs. Hers Scottsdale Activities
We’re not trying to perpetuate a battle of the sexes here, but when it comes to downtime activities…well, sometimes the genders disagree on exactly what constitutes “fun.” So, whether you’ve got a gang of groomsmen, a bevy of bridesmaids or guests on both sides of the male-female divide to entertain, here are a handful of options that are sure to please.
- Nothing says male bonding like a little friendly competition. Send the guys out for an afternoon at Octane Raceway to see who can score the best track time in a 44+ mph, European-style kart.
- Off-roading takes on a whole new meaning when your men get behind the wheel of a Tomcar or C2 You-Drive vehicle. Some tours even combine desert exploration with professional firearms instruction and target shooting.
- For games of chance, nothing beats the action at Casino Arizona, which features 900 multi-denominational slots, 50 Blackjack tables and poker options ranging from 3 Card and Let it Ride to the two-handed excitement of Pai Gow.
- Scottsdale’s proximity to all the area’s major sports teams, including the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamondbacks and Phoenix Coyotes, means there’s almost always a game to attend. Scottsdale also is home to annual sporting events like the PGA’s Waste Management Phoenix Open (Feb.), Cactus League Spring Training (March) and professional rodeo action at the Parada del Sol (March).
- If your menfolk are serious carnivores, we’ve got a place where they can chow down on unlimited beef (and pork and chicken and sausage). Fogo de Chao Churrascaria is a traditional Brazilian steakhouse serving 15 different cuts of succulent, slow-roasted meat sliced tableside by roaming gaucho chefs.
- Book a girls’ day at one of Scottsdale’s renowned resort and day spas. Here you’ll find innovative treatments inspired by Sonoran Desert botanicals and regional Native American traditions, as well as from cultures around the world. It’s the perfect way to relax and get your glow on before tying the knot.
- For the ultimate in retail therapy, let the experts at Spree! The Art of Shopping take you on an excursion to some of Scottsdale’s most sought-after boutiques and designer stores. Choose from one of their existing tours like “Sex and the City” (which includes stops for to-die-for shoes and French lingerie) or let Spree’s retail divas design a custom itinerary just for you!
- Grab your gal pals, a bottle of your favorite wine and uncork your creativity with Me the Artist. They’ll supply everything else you need – canvases, paints, brushes, aprons – to create a masterpiece that’s the perfect memento of your Scottsdale wedding experience.
- Play in style when you reserve a poolside cabana at your resort. Most come with amenities like fluffy towels, cushioned lounges, ceiling fans, bottled water and fresh fruit. Just remember your sunscreen (no pre-wedding sunburns allowed!).
- Dish about your Big Day over hand-crafted cocktails by master mixologist Richie Moe at Citizen Public House. Sip a Citi-Zen (Absolute Pear vodka, ginger liqueur, house sweet & sour and rock candy) or Aviation (Beefeater 24 gin, Maraschino cherry liqueur and Crème de Violette) while you nosh on eclectic specialties by Chef Bernie Kantak.