SCOTTSDALE COMPANIES RECEIVE AWARDS
Congratulations to our members who recently received awards.
Hotel Valley Ho’s Executive Chef Charles Wiley was named “Outstanding Manager of the Year for 2008” by the Arizona Hotel & Lodging Association.
GolfWorld Magazine recognized several Scottsdale golf courses on its lists of “Top 50 Public Courses” and “Top 50 Resort Courses” in the country:
- Public Courses: Grayhawk Golf Club (No. 21), SunRidge Canyon Golf Course (No. 26) and Eagle Mountain Golf Club (No. 43)
- Resort Courses: We-Ko-Pa Golf Club (No. 31), Boulders Golf Club (No. 40) and Ocotillo Golf Resort (No. 49)
Golfweek magazine honored local golf courses on its best resort and casino courses list:
- Resort Courses: We-Ko-Pa Golf Club’s Saguaro Course (No. 16) and Cholla (No. 38), Boulders Golf Club’s North Course (No. 54) and South Course (No. 80) and Longbow Golf Club (No. 89)
- Casino Course: We-Ko-Pa Golf Club’s Saguaro (No. 3) and Cholla (No. 8)
The 2009 Mobil Five-Star Awards were recently announced and several Scottsdale businesses were recognized:
- The Phoenician and Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North both received four-star ratings for the resorts category.
- Talavera at the Four Seasons was honored with the four-star designation in the restaurants category.
- In the spas category, Fairmont Scottsdale, Four Seasons, The Phoenician, Royal Palms Resort and Spa, and Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain all were honored with four-star ratings.
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch was honored by Smart Meetings magazine with the “2008 Platinum Choice Award”, and with MeetingNews’ “2008 Planners’ Choice Award.” The resort also was named one of the best resorts for family trips in the Southwest region by Travel + Leisure Golf.
Hotel Valley Ho was honored with Spa Week’s Luxe Award for “Best $50 Treatment” for its hot shells massage treatment.