To keep kids entertained and educated all throughout Spring Break, OdySea Aquarium is launching Kids’ Fest - a 15-day program including special events, character meet-and-greets, and new interactive play and discovery opportunities in the Kids’ Fest Cove daily from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Activities include:
- Mission Voyager Scavenger Hunt
- Spin Art table
- LEGO free play station
- Touchable artifacts — skulls, feathers and eggs
- Robotics with Bricks for Kids
- Sketch the Sea creative art station
- Interactive Light Brite wall
- Animal Ambassador visits with “hidden treasures” from isopods to sea cucumbers
- Interactive floor games
Other special activities include:
- Sloth Encounter — Daily between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., guests can get up close and personal with Squidney, OdySea Aquarium’s beloved two-toed sloth. Visitors will learn all about sloths — and how to protect these precious animals — as well as get to touch Squidney, feed her a favorite snack and get some photos to commemorate the experience! Each encounter is 30 to 40 minutes and costs $59.95, plus cost of aquarium admission.
- Under the Sea Slime — March 12 - 19, budding chemical engineers can make and play with their own “Under the Sea Slime” creating one-of-a-kind colors and textures with STEM Camp, Engineering for Kids.
- Penguin Paintings — Each weekend during Kids’ Fest, children will marvel as OdySea’s African Black-footed Penguins get artistic, creating masterpieces before guests’ very eyes!
- Character Meet and Greets — Daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., kids can visit with their favorite character icons from movies like Frozen, Moana, Zootopia, Big Hero Six and Minions.
- Behind the Scenes Sneak Peeks — Daily, guests will enjoy a video journey to rarely seen aquarium happening like sea lion demonstrations, shark feeds, diet preparation, and animals visiting the veterinarian.