Larsen Art Auction has become the leading contemporary art and modern design auction house in Arizona
The Larsen Gallery is a national leader in the consignment of fine art from private and corporate collectors for sale on the secondary market and is celebrating its 26th year anniversary. The gallery began hosting the annual Larsen Art Auction in 2013 as a natural extension of its business offering additional options for consignors and collectors.
Highlights of past Larsen Art Auctions:
- 1000’s of registered bidders from every state in the U.-*S. and more than 40 countries.
- Greater than a 90% sell through rate.
- Bidders can participate live in the room, by telephone, absentee bid or live on the internet.
- Nationally and internationally known artists offered in the auction.
- Top Lots Sold include a Pablo Picasso 1962 woodcut which sold for $120,000 in 2015; a 1958 Milton Avery oil which sold for $108,000 in 2015; a Eanger Irving Couse 1924 oil sold for $168,000 in 2014 and a Maynard Dixon painting which sold for $102,000 in 2015. In 2016 Andy Warhol’s Mick Jagger screenprint sold for $45,000 and in 2017 a Francisco Zuniga sculpture sold for $162,000.
Highlights of the upcoming 2018 Larsen Art Auction:
- Two Grandma Moses paintings with estimates of $20,000/40,000 each.
- A 1972 Andy Warhol screenprint from his Ladies & Gentlemen suite with estimates of $5,000/7,000.
- Important Still Life painting by Bernard Buffet from 1950 with estimates of $40,000/60,000.
- Vik Muniz’s chromogenic print The Face of the Moon, (after John Russell) with estimates of $30,000/50,000.
- Great selection of contemporary graphics by artists such as Robert Indiana, Richard Estates, Robert Cottingham, Alexander Calder, Jim Dine and Wayne Thiebaud.
*The preview party will be October 17, 2018 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Larsen Gallery. RSVP required for attendees.