IT’S TIME TO BOOK SUMMER IN SCOTTSDALE
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (May 11, 2017) – Here’s the worst kept secret in travel: Summer is the perfect time to visit Scottsdale if you’re looking for luxury experiences on a frugal budget. Sure, you may not sound like an in-the-know expert the next time you throw out this fact at a dinner party, but that doesn’t change the fact that there are plush, discounted vacations to be had, people! Take advantage of rates up to 60 percent off, making June through August a prime time for deal-seekers.
HOT HOTEL DEALS
Great for Families
- Carefree Resort & Conference Center: The longer you stay, the more you save! Room rates for 3 nights start at $59 per night, 2 nights at $69 per night and 1 night at $79 per night. May 26-Sept. 5
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: Rooms start at just $169 and the rate includes a daily $50 resort credit with plenty of seasonal entertainment to boot! May 25-Sept. 4
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch: Rooms range from $149-$229 per night with 50 percent off on the second room + $50 credit. May 25-Sept. 9
- The Phoenician: Summer renovations bring big savings – starting at $119 per night in an already-renovated room plus 50 percent off Funician Kids Club. May 27-Aug. 31
- Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch: Dive into rates as low as $99, plus live poolside weekend music, adult and kid snow cones, and lawn games. May 25-Sept. 4
Best for Adults + Couples
- Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa: Save 20 percent on a two-night stay and 30 percent off three nights or more at one of the desert’s hottest new hotels. May 12-Sept. 9
- The Boulders Resort & Spa: Take advantage of Boulders’ golf club, spa and nationally acclaimed restaurant with a $50 credit for each night booked. May 22-Sept. 4
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North: Book three consecutive nights and get a fourth night free. June 1- July 31
- The Hermosa Inn, a boutique hideaway: The Summer in Paradise offer includes rooms starting at $139 per night as well as two drink vouchers, a $25 resort credit, pool treats and a room upgrade upon check-in, based upon availability. May 19-Sept. 9
- JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa: Golf, spa or dining – the way you spend your nightly $25 or $50 credit is completely up to you! April 5-Sept. 30
- Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa: The Slumber & Save package offers rates starting at $129 per night for a minimum stay of two nights as well as perks including a 4 p.m. late checkout, a $50 poolside credit, complimentary daily and overnight parking and a $15 reduced resort fee. Weekends are filled with specialty events, including poolside fashion shows, boutique trunk shows, culinary adventures, and after-hours spa experiences.
- Royal Palms Resort & Spa: Escape to some lux lounging with the Spa & Dine package that features a $50 credit at Alvadora Spa and a $25 credit for food and drink. May 1-Aug. 31
- The Saguaro Scottsdale: From $40 off per night for locals to food & drink bonuses and massage extras, there’s a ton of deals to be had at this downtown spot. April 4-Sept. 30.
- We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center: Rooms run just $99 for one night and $189 for the two-night Summer Staycation package with amenity discounts. May 1-Aug. 31
ACTIVITIES TO AMP UP THE ITINERARY
Blazing Hot Offers
- Early-Morning Horseback Ride: At MacDonald’s Ranch, the second guest rides free when you book a one-hour guided ride.
- Sunrise Balloon Ride: Rainbow Ryders has excursions for $149 for adults and $99 for kids.
- Expert Outings: Tour downtown’s best eateries with Arizona Food Tours at 10% off with promo code “summer;” Arizona Outback Adventures has hiking, biking and rafting trips for the whole family.
- SUP With You?: Join The Saguaro Scottsdale every Thursday at 6 p.m. for a 1-hour standup paddleboard yogasession ($45) and a post-class cocktail or protein shake.
- Release Pool Parties at Talking Stick Resort: Stay cool in the pool while listening to some of the hottest DJs. Saturdays and Sundays through Aug. 27
- Recovery Sundays at Hotel Valley Ho: Recover from your weekend on Sundays at Hotel Valley Ho, where there will be brunch, a bloody Mary bar, spa packages and more. Recurring Sundays
- Music in the Garden at Desert Botanical Garden: Enjoy an exciting and diverse lineup of musical acts in a tranquil botanical garden setting. Throughout the summer; see the calendar for details.
Stay-Cool Museums & Attractions
- OdySea Aquarium: The largest aquarium in the Southwest houses more than 5,000 marine animals from around the world.
- Butterfly Wonderland: Did you know that the largest butterfly pavilion in the United States is located in Scottsdale?
- Musical Instrument Museum: Go on a melodic journey and peruse 360+ exhibits of music vital to cultures around the world.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West: Built in 1937 by Frank Lloyd Wright and his apprentices, the best way to see the architect’s winter home during the summer months is on the Night Lights Tour.
- Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West: This Smithsonian-affiliated museum features artwork and artifacts that guide you through the story of the region.
- Desert Botanical Garden: Take a nighttime Garden Flashlight Tour through some of the Sonoran Desert’s most majestic flora and fauna.
- Octane Raceway: On Memorial Day weekend, Octane Raceway will open Velocity, an immersive virtual reality attraction powered by Zero Latency, in a 3,500-square-foot open space at the raceway's 65,000-square-foot facility. The attraction will feature a game called Survival, where up to six players will participate in a simulated zombie apocalypse.
For more ideas on what to see and do in Scottsdale during the summer months, visit www.SummerInScottsdale.com.