Meet and Save in Scottsdale this summer
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (June 19, 2018) – Summer in Scottsdale brings a multitude of options for meeting planners, with cool indoor venues rolling out the red carpet, beat-the-heat activities, downtown patio dine-arounds, all-inclusive resorts and most importantly, savings. Experience Scottsdale’s Sizzling Summer Rebate program – found at TheDesertIsHot.com with over 25 participating resorts and hotels – is the key to boosting ROI with a rebate of up to $5,000 based on number of actualized rooms during the summer months between 2018 and September 10, 2021:
- 100-150 Peak Rooms = $1,000
- 151-250 Peak Rooms = $2,500
- 251+ Peak Rooms = $5,000
Read on for meeting and events inspiration for hosting groups in this refined Sonoran Desert setting.
KEEP THE COMPANY COOL & COMFORTABLE
- The Clayton Venues offer two distinctive venues in Old Town Scottsdale – urban and industrial space, The Clayton house, accommodating up to 700 guests and Clayton on the Park, an airy, two-story space in Civic Center Park for 250 guests.
- With innovative architecture by Will Bruder and rotating exhibitions of cutting-edge art, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is a vibrant backdrop for receptions of up to 250 guests. Guests can mix and mingle over creative cocktails and small bites, browse the latest exhibits, and watch the changing desert light in “Knight Rise,” a skyspace installation by James Turrell.
- At Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West, banquets, receptions and other gatherings for 25 to 500 guests take on a sophisticated Western flair, and groups booking the museum also are granted access to galleries and exhibits during the event.
- There are few “cooler” experiences than dining while surrounded by colorful, exotic fish at OdySea, the Southwest’s largest aquarium, which can host groups up to 250 for seated banquets and 2,800 for receptions.
UNDER ONE ROOF
- Debuting its freshly renovated 645 guestrooms and public spaces, The Phoenician’s timeless sophistication runs throughout the property, with abundant indoor meetings spaces like the Grand Ballroom, boasting 20,533 square feet and Camelback Ballroom, at 14,344 square feet.
- The 732-guestroom Westin Kierland – one of the city’s largest meetings resorts – is home to more than two dozen stunning indoor meeting spaces, including the 24,542-square-foot Kierland Grand Ballroom and 14,336-square-foot Herberger Ballroom.
- Expansive scenic views and contemporary Southwestern style meet at Talking Stick Resort, where planners can find nearly 500 guestrooms, a 24,556-square-foot Salt River Grand Ballroom and four flexible spaces of 3,000+ square feet each and 24/7 entertainment at the on-property casino.
- Self-proclaimed pro golfers and spectators alike can enjoy Topgolf, a high-tech driving range with climate-controlled bays and a little friendly competition built in, plus an indoor restaurant and bar, and activities.
- Groups can experience the thrill of skydiving without the airplane jump at iFLY indoor sky diving, where team bonding and excitement awaits.
- Old Town Scottsdale is home to five wine tasting rooms serving Arizona wines where guests can sip their way through an education on local winemaking in a relaxed ambiance.
Discover additional details on how to book more and save more.
Laura McMurchie, Vice President of Communications
Jennifer Duffy, Director of Communications
Christina La Porte, Communications Manager
Emily Lawrence, Communications Coordinator