Rosemary Chèvre and Grapefruit Salad
The 5 C’s of Arizona include citrus, and in season, fresh grapefruit never disappoints. Pair with chèvre from a local dairy farm for the freshest results.
2 cups cream
2 sprigs rosemary
1 cup cherve
¼ tsp salt
¼ lbs arugula
1 TBS olive oil (queen creek)
¼ cup candied pecans
Small mixing bowl
- Bring the cream and rosemary to a boil in the sauce pot. Once it is at a simmer, lower the heat and simmer slowly until it has reduced to about ¼ of the way. Turn the heat off and allow it to steep for 5 minutes. Then, chill the cream in the fridge.
- Once the cream is cold, fold in 10 teaspoons of it into the chèvre until smooth. Season with salt.
- Supreme the grapefruit by cutting the top and bottom of the fruit then cutting the edges away from the fruit inside. Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces, removing any seeds.
- Toss the arugula with olive oil and salt.
- Assemble the salad by combining arugula, grapefruit, candied pecans and chèvre