What’s New in Scottsdale, Ariz. – Winter ‘22
Scottsdale Makes the Season Bright with Sparkling New Resorts, Art + Culinary Adventures and Festive Events
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Oct. 11, 2022) – Wintertime is here in Scottsdale and innovative menus, stunning hotel refreshes, and twinkling lights, along with thrilling holiday traditions, are a perfect way to pass time while waiting for Old St. Nick.
THE BIG NEWS: The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is soon to open a new boutique hotel within a hotel, the Privado Villas. The Villas are made up of 119 residential-style, luxe suites set apart from the 65-acre main property along with a private entrance and reception area. Amenities include a dedicated Privado concierge, breakfast delivery, complimentary access to Well & Being Spa, and a chauffeur service, with transportation to and from Scottsdale Municipal Airport.
- The Hilton North Scottsdale at Cavasson, opening mid-December, will feature six stories with 237 guest rooms and 15 suites. The property is designed to exceed the expectations of business and leisure travelers with rooftop executive lounges, a bar overlooking the McDowell Mountains, and a resort-style outdoor swimming pool. The property’s 15,000-square-foot event center will serve as the venue for events ranging in size from small group meetings to large corporate gatherings and social affairs of all sizes.
- The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is undergoing a comprehensive multi-million-dollar enhancement in 2023, which is the largest in the property’s nearly 50-year history. It will include upgrades to all guest rooms, common areas, amenity spaces, food and beverage outlets, the spa, and 90,000 square feet of flexible event space. The property will emerge as The Scottsdale Resort and Spa, and as part of the Curio Collection by Hilton.
- A multi-million-dollar design refresh is underway at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, to touch its meeting spaces and guest rooms. The new, lighter and brighter look and feel will maintain the sophisticated, Mediterranean ambiance of the resort with new furnishings and finishes.
- The Spa at Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale continues to celebrate the Southwest region with its new Turquoise Sage Massage. Based on the Native American belief that turquoise is a protective color that creates a sense of peace and well-being, the calming massage begins with a warm turquoise sage arnica body oil application adding a blissful sense of calm for travelers in search of respite and an authentic experience.
- Guided stargazing with the Star Dudes is back at ADERO Scottsdale every Friday night. The resort recently created a designated area for stargazing, providing access to optimal views. Underneath the night sky, the property’s restaurant CIELO has a renewed menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Expectant parents can say hello to relaxation with new Babymoon packages launching Nov. 1. The Sunny in Scottsdale Babymoon Package at Hotel Valley Ho includes a Kodak Printomatic camera, hydrating skin care products, a 60-minute Mom-to-Be Massage, and a cactus rattle. The Mountain Baby(Moon) Package at Mountain Shadows provides a Mountain Mama tote bag complete with herbal tea, belly balm and pillow mist, a 45-minute Mom-to-Be Sound Healing Session, and a food and drink credit.
HOLIDAYS IN SCOTTSDALE
‘Tis the season for clear skies, cool temperatures and a crackle in the fireplace. The joyous moments between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve in Scottsdale are filled with holiday lights and merriment. View the ultimate guide to the best attractions, events, and more at HolidaysInScottsdale.com.
- Nov. 18, 2022-Jan. 2, 2023: A glittering tradition, Christmas at the Princess creates a winter wonderland so enchanting, visitors will forget they’re in the desert. Activities include a Desert Ice Rink, S’mores Land, Lagoon Lights, the Princess Express Train, and The Village, where adventurers sled down the 120-foot Snow Mountain.
- Nov. 26: Scottsdazzle, Old Town Scottsdale’s signature month-long holiday extravaganza, kicks off with the Sing-Along & Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Scottsdale Waterfront. Go on a scavenger hunt with Prancer’s Puzzle Rides (Nov. 26- Dec. 31), stroll while enjoying live musical performances (Dec. 3, 10 and 17), or celebrate the holiday festivities with a whiskey tasting at Porter’s Western Saloon’s new Christmas pop-up bar, The North Pole (Dec. 15).
- Nov. 25, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023: Over 4 million lights will shine at Enchant, a mesmerizing, walk-thru, story-themed maze. The event includes a charming village with ice skating, live entertainment, Santa, Mrs. Claus and more.
- Arizona Boardwalk has holiday shopping and family activities covered with the free Scottsdale Sparkle Christmas (Dec. 2-4) and the Holiday Fair & Marketplace (Dec. 17), offering face painting, photos with Santa Claus and a snow blizzard.
- Dec. 9: The Scottsdale Arts District gets into the spirit of the season with a Scottsdazzle-themed ArtWalk featuring holiday and seasonal artwork by locally and nationally renowned artists, hot cocoa and music from strolling carolers.
- Nov. 26, 2022-Jan. 1, 2023: Experience the cool breeze while cruising through Old Town Scottsdale with JoyRidesAZ. A personal guide will provide a private tour of the holiday lights in Old Town’s nine districts and take photos along the way.
- Dec. 9-10 + 16-17: Home for the Holidays at Taliesin West celebrates the magic of the seasons with festive decorations and displays, storytelling, crafts, holiday music, and refreshments.
ART + ATTRACTIONS
THE BIG NEWS: Canal Convergence, Scottsdale’s free, large-scale public art festival returns to the Scottsdale Waterfront for the 10th year, Nov. 4-13. To commemorate the anniversary, the theme is, “Celebrating 10 Years of Water + Art + Light” and will present light-based public art and programming that embodies themes from the past and present. During the event, visitors can immerse themselves in interactive art, augmented reality, music, and fire shows on the Arizona Canal.
- Through Dec. 31: Scottsdale Public Art showcases artworks celebrating the resilience and creativity of Arizona Latina artists in “Modern Latina: Cultura, Familia y Arte,” at Scottsdale Civic Center Library. The exhibition reveals the Latina life experience and shows the importance of cultural and familial treasures through a contemporary lens.
- Dec. 11: The Scottsdale Philharmonic provides an ongoing series of traditional classical music concerts performed by a professional symphony orchestra for audiences of all ages, including a special holiday concert in December.
- Through Nov. 12: Gogh with the flow as Immersive Van Gogh Yoga returns. Guests can engage their minds and bodies in a one-of-a-kind, reimagined environment – inside the multi-sensory and all-encompassing art exhibition.
- Nov. 1: Rainbow Ryders’ sunset flight season returns and runs through March 2023. The Sonoran Desert backdrop with vibrant sunsets is a must-see bucket list experience. To celebrate Pride Month in Phoenix, Rainbow Ryders will offer a “Fly with Pride” promotion that is valid through Dec. 23 for shared basket rides and sunrise hot air balloon rides.
SIP + SAVOR
- Guests at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa can sip all-new cocktails at Rita’s Cantina & Bar and Lincoln Steakhouse & Bar. Crafted by Jason Asher of Barter & Shake, the creators of award-winning bar concepts Century Grand and UnderTow in Phoenix, and spearheaded by the resort’s new mixologist, Ian Loria, the program will introduce innovative cocktails with gourmet ingredients. Also at Lincoln, new Senior Sous Chef John Fraser released a new dinner menu featuring sublime seafood options, delectable sides and house-made sauces to satisfy any craving.
- Usher in the holiday season at Marcellino Ristorante by joining Chef Marcellino at his cozy chef’s table Dec. 6. Delight in exceptional wines hand-picked by Chef from his native hometown and three divine courses.
- The SHOPS Gainey Village hosts a free holiday wine and dine Dec. 1 with live music, festive horse and carriage rides, baked goods, coffee and hot chocolate, and complimentary wine tastings at participating restaurants.
- The Americano, helmed by James Beard Award-Winning Chef Scott Conant, has recently debuted “Bougie Brunch” every Sunday. Perfectly complementing the stylishly appointed atmosphere, the brunch menu features inventive cocktails and chic eats like the Chamomile Honey Bun with crème fraiche orange blossom whip.
- Ritz-Carlton, Paradise Valley – a 215-room, 20-acre new-build slated to open fall 2023 – will have it all; exemplary service, views of Camelback Mountain, modern and sleek interiors, a 16,000-square-foot spa and a prime location.
- Also in 2023, Caesars Entertainment Corporation will open Caesars Republic Scottsdale , its first non-gaming hotel in the United States. The 11-story glass structure will house 256 rooms, a bar and coffee shop, two signature restaurants from Chef Giada De Laurentiis, a rooftop pool, and a fitness center.
For more Scottsdale travel news and story ideas, visit www.ScottsdalePressroom.com.
Laura McMurchie, Vice President of Communications
Christina Dicksen, Director of Communications
Emily Lawrence, Senior Communications Manager
Emily Holdaway, Communications Coordinator