ABOUT EXPERIENCE SCOTTSDALE
As the destination marketing organization for the Scottsdale area, Experience Scottsdale works to benefit the community by bringing highly sought-after visitor dollars to our city. Scottsdale’s multi-billion-dollar tourism industry is essential to our city’s economic growth and vitality.
Experience Scottsdale is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit, private company that has contracts with the City of Scottsdale and Town of Paradise Valley to conduct destination marketing efforts on behalf of these municipalities.
Originally founded in 1987 as the tourism arm of the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce, Experience Scottsdale became a standalone organization in 2001. The organization has more than 35 full- and part-time employees, along with a volunteer board of directors composed of local hospitality and tourism industry leaders.
Our staff brands the Scottsdale area as a world-class destination through advertisements, campaigns, social media and a variety of marketing and sales tactics. We work with meeting planners from all over the world to book their business in Scottsdale. We spread the word about the great things in Scottsdale by garnering media coverage both nationally and internationally. Plus, we teach travel agents how to sell our destination to their clients and work to get Scottsdale information in brochures and promotions.
To establish Scottsdale as a year-round, luxury travel destination.
To enhance the local community by promoting the Scottsdale area as a luxury destination for meetings, events and leisure travel.
- Generate visitor-related economic impact for the Scottsdale market area
- Foster positive relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Run an effective business
- Enhance the long-term health and development of the destination
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Experience Scottsdale’s Board of Directors is visionary in purpose and representative of elements of the hospitality industry. The Board’s responsibility is to ensure that the organization achieves appropriate results based on annual goals that support its mission, which reflects Experience Scottsdale’s vision of success. The Board concentrates its efforts on the following contributions:
- Empower Experience Scottsdale to achieve its annual goals via endorsing and counseling the organization on its strategic direction by:
- Attending Experience Scottsdale and industry events to stay abreast of current trends and widen personal and professional network.
- Educating personal and professional network on the role of Experience Scottsdale and the tourism industry in the community.
- Reviewing the annual destination marketing guide, providing feedback based upon the needs of the Director’s industry segment, and encouraging personal and professional network to get involved in Experience Scottsdale’s programs.
- Advise Experience Scottsdale on current industry trends and their implications to the organization by:
- Sharing information about trends from Director’s industry segment with Experience Scottsdale and its Board of Directors.
- Advocate and communicate on behalf of Experience Scottsdale by:
- Educating local council members on issues important to the tourism industry.
- Encouraging personal and professional network to educate their local council members on issues important to the tourism industry.