The San Francisco Giants, Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks Warm up under the Sonoran Desert Sun
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Jan. 12, 2023) – The 2023 Cactus League Spring Training season is almost here, which can only mean one thing; Scottsdale is taking travelers out to the ball game and into the sunshine once again this spring. Starting Feb. 25 and running through March 28, catch the San Francisco Giants at Scottsdale Stadium, and the Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Arizona is also home to 12 other Major League Baseball teams’ spring training fields, all within a 15-45-minute drive of Scottsdale. After a busy day, rest and relaxation await, with more than 70 hotels, and 50 resort and day spas in the greater Scottsdale area. Read on for an expert guide to Spring Training in Scottsdale.
RESORTS: FINDING HOME BASE
- Batter up for Spring Training perks at Hotel Valley Ho, mere minutes away from Scottsdale Stadium, with the Play Ball package, providing 20% off the room rate, a food and drink credit, souvenir baseball, cabana discount, and a sweet treat. (Valid for stays between Feb. 20-March 31).
- ADERO Scottsdale Resort’s Home Run Package offers the taste of the concession stand even after game day. The offer includes a $50 food and beverage credit, two domestic beers per stay and baseball snacks (popcorn, Cracker Jacks, Big League Chew). (Valid through March 31).
- Experience a different kind of swing and some savings with the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ Golf Getaway package. Play where the pros play at the TPC Stadium Course or check out Grayhawk Golf Club’s courses, with a daily resort credit to put towards the rounds. (Valid through May 31).
- Bring the whole family for some baseball and stay for the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona, neighboring Salt River Fields. The Triple Fun offer includes water park passes, free entertainment experiences and 40% off a three-night stay. (Valid through April 11).
RESTAURANTS: GRAND SLAM EATS
A day of Giants baseball puts you right in the heart of the post-game fun, as Scottsdale Stadium is within walking distance of Old Town’s and Scottsdale Waterfront’s best bars, restaurants and nightlife.
- Hall of fame-worthy favorites for burgers and brats include Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers, Brat Haus, Bootleggers Modern American Smokehouse and Hand Cut Chophouse.
- The party continues at hotspots like Bottled Blonde, Riot House, and Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row.
ACTIVITIES: PLAYING THE FIELD
- Jan. 21-March 31 marks Scottsdale Super Season and goes beyond baseball to include a jam-packed roster of special events not to be missed; from collector car auctions and cultural festivals, to the PGA Tour’s WM Phoenix Open golf tournament and football’s Big Game.
- Feel like a local at Scottsdale ArtWalk, a Thursday night tradition in Old Town in which dozens of the area’s galleries keep their doors open from 7-9 p.m. for everyone from art enthusiasts to serious collectors, to browse works of every style and medium, meet the artists and enjoy refreshments.
- Take advantage of clear skies and perfect temperatures with a hike or bike ride in Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve, on a horseback ride in Tonto National Forest, or by lounging poolside.
Laura McMurchie, Vice President of Communications
Christina Dicksen, Director of Communications
Emily Lawrence, Senior Communications Manager
Emily Holdaway, Communications Coordinator