SEASON’S GREETINGS FROM THE SONORAN DESERT
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Nov. 8, 2021) – As a crisp breeze rolls through the desert and temperatures drop from triple digits to near perfect weather, Scottsdale illuminates with millions of glistening lights, myriad holiday events and festive merriment to last all season.
- Scottsdazzle (Nov. 27 – Dec. 31), Old Town Scottsdale’s annual holiday extravaganza, kicks off each year after Thanksgiving with a Sing-Along & Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Scottsdale Waterfront. The fun continues for an entire month, with activities and events for the whole family, like Meet Santa, Wine Dazzle, Small Business Saturday, Gold Palette ArtWalk, and Wonderland Whiskey Tasting.
- Christmas at the Princess (Nov. 16 – Jan. 2, 2022) offers a wonderland so enchanting, visitors will forget they’re in the desert. Annual activities like a Desert Ice Rink, S’mores Land and Lagoon Lights seen via the Princess Express Train are sure to wow. This year, sled down the 120-foot Snow Mountain at The Village and rent private fire pits or Winterland Igloos, for an extra-special evening.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias (select dates Dec. 3 – 31)at Desert Botanical Garden is a 44-year tradition and a must-see winter event, with more than 8,000 flickering luminaria bags lining the Garden’s trails. Discover shining saguaro cacti, succulents and lush desert flora during a walk through the garden, with live music and a special installation, Chihuly in the Desert (Dec. 3 – June 19, 2022).
- Next door to the garden, walk or drive through ZooLights (Nov. 24 – Jan. 15, 2022) at the Phoenix Zoo. This music-in-motion light show features countless twinkling lights shaped to represent zoo animals, photo booths, hot cocoa and more. New this year, the Phoenix Zoo will also offer a special one-night engagement, Sensory-Friendly ZooLights, on Nov. 10.
- Holiday Lights at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park (Nov. 26 – Jan. 2, 2022) is the perfect way to end any day with little ones. Hop on board the Paradise & Pacific Railroad as it makes its way through the park and traverses thousands of gleaming, colorful lights.
- Get a dose of cheer from the coziness of the car this season at the Holiday Light Experience at Salt River Fields (Nov. 19 – Jan. 1, 2022). This 1.2-mile ride twinkles with five million lights and magical displays. Finish the experience at Santa’s Village, with hot chocolate, snacks, shopping and more.
- Adults in the holiday spirit should look no further than Coach House, Scottsdale’s oldest dive bar. For more than 25 years, the Bower Family has draped their landmark bar in garland, gift wrap, tinsel, candy canes, bows and more than 12,000 lights, to deliver the ultimate holiday spirit.
Laura McMurchie, Vice President of Communications
Christina Dicksen, Director of Communications
Emily Lawrence, Communications Manager
Megan Sawyer, Communications Coordinator