Ladies Night Out in Scottsdale
If binge-watching Sex and The City has you longing to throw on your “LBD” (little black dress) and sip a Cosmo with your best girlfriends, then grab that phone and start planning a girls’ night out in Scottsdale! This guide to a ladies' night on the town has the best restaurants for dinner with girlfriends, followed by recommendations for drinks and dancing!
Where to Catch a Sunset
Scottsdale’s sweeping sunsets are unparalleled. And the sunset views from these bars with a view are, well, are unparalleled, too.
- Outrider Rooftop Lounge: Soak up an orange-hued sunset with panoramic views of nearby Camelback Mountain and the city skyline from the Canopy Hotel’s rooftop lounge (above). And don’t forget to consult the cocktail list for sippers that range from seltzers to craft drinks.
- Jade Bar: Positioned at the base of iconic Camelback Mountain, Jade Bar offers show-stopping views of the surrounding lush landscape. Reserve a table near the bar’s expansive windows or take in the serene setting on the picture-perfect patio and sip drinks al fresco.
- Tash: Take your night out up a notch at TASH, Talking Stick Resort’s latest dining experience. The elevated restaurant is outfitted with floor-to-ceiling windows that provide unobstructed views of the mountainous desert landscape and a patio that overlooks it all.
Where to Eat
Scottsdale’s dining scene is not only delicious, but diverse. With an array of cuisines, from fusion to Latin fare, Scottsdale’s restaurants provide an unforgettable, and delectable, dining experience.
- SumoMaya: The flavors of Asia and Mexico come together at SumoMaya (above; photo by Lauren Topor). The buzzy dining room is decorated in hues of orange and pink and the plates that come from the open kitchen concept are just as colorful. Whether your girl gang is in the mood for sushi, tacos, or ceviche, SumoMaya’s fusion cuisine and vivacious atmosphere is sure to surprise and delight everyone.
- The Mission: The Mission offers a sophisticated take on modern Latin cuisine. Homemade tortillas, salsas and sauces find their place in inventive dishes like the butternut squash tacos, while pecan- and mesquite-smoked proteins, ranging from beef filet to chorizo porchetta, are sure to tantalize your taste buds. The Mission even dedicates a section of their menu to tequila-kissed margaritas, naturally. And what better way to celebrate girls’ night out in Scottsdale than with classy margaritas and elevated eats.
- ZuZu: Located inside the hip and historic Hotel Valley Ho, this mid-century inspired restaurant and bar pleases with its swingy atmosphere, vintage tunes, and postcard-perfect patio setting that’s adorned with lush tropical plants and palm trees. Chef-driven plates like the crispy calamari and spicy king crab round-out the expansive, and drool-worthy, menu at ZuZu.
- Nobu: The much-lauded sushi destination Nobu has made a new home in Scottsdale. Located just outside Scottsdale Fashion Square’s luxury wing, this upscale dining experience wows from start to finish. The menu of small plates, sushi, and savory bites is complemented by an unmissable cocktail list that features libations like a lychee and elderflower martini and the gin-forward oni negroni.
Where to Drink
Margaritas, martinis and malbecs. These bars set the scene for an epic ladies’ night out in Scottsdale.
- Toca Madera: This West Hollywood hotspot has expanded to Scottsdale. Sexy and sultry, the lively atmosphere of Toca Madera is brought to life by fire breathers, dancers and a parade of agave craft cocktails served with fancy garnishes.
- AZ88: A self-proclaimed modern saloon, this award-winning bar has been mixing-up drinks and elevating Scottsdale’s cocktail scene since the late 80s. At AZ88 Martinis rule. Reach for a classic like the imitable Pornstar or Cosmo or sip on something sweet like the Lemon Drop or Summer Solstice. There’s no wrong choice, really.
- Wine Girl: Bubbles, blends and blancs are just a few of your options at Wine Girl (above). Sip your way through a wine flight or kickstart ladies’ night out in Scottsdale with the house prosecco.
Where to Dance
Bring your dancing shoes, Scottsdale has a bevy of fabulous places to get your groove on.
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row: Pull-on your favorite Western boots and boogie to Old Town Scottsdale where you can line-dance the night away at Whiskey Row (top and above). The brainchild of country superstar Dierks Bentley, this country bar offers a nightclub-meets-saloon experience unlike anything else complete with VIP bottle service.
- Maya: Not just a hotspot for pool parties, Maya keeps the party going well after the sun goes down. Bass-thumping tunes and appearances from top EDM artists are standard at Maya, just like the bottle service and the electric atmosphere, making Maya one of the best places for girls’ night out in Scottsdale.
- Rusty Spur: Country crooners take the stage nightly at this Old Town saloon and live music venue. The oldest cowboy bar in town, Rusty Spur is a popular hangout for locals and visitors from around the world looking to see a show in a casual setting over cold drinks. The dance floor is small, but the music will get you on your feet in no time.
Where to See a Show
Live music, comedy, bull riding and more. You can find it all in Scottsdale.
- Talking Stick Resort: From concerts from the biggest names in music to comedy shows, Talking Stick Resort (above) ticks all the boxes when it comes to live entertainment. Plus, the event venue is just steps away from Talking Stick’s endless amenities, including the onsite restaurants and casino.
- Buffalo Chip Saloon: Hands-down one of the top saloons in Arizona, Buffalo Chip Saloon offers a truly Western experience. Here you can watch the pros go the distance on a live bull or climb into the ring yourself on a mechanical one.
- Kazimierz Wine & Whiskey Bar: Wine, whiskey and live music every night is on tap at Kazimierz, Scottsdale’s original speakeasy. The relaxed, loungey atmosphere sets the scene for an unforgettable ladies’ night out in Scottsdale – just add drinks!