A Ladies Night Out in Scottsdale
If binge-watching Sex and The City has you longing to throw on your “LBD” (little black dress) and sip a Cosmo with your best girlfriends, then grab that phone and start planning a girls’ night out in Scottsdale! This guide to a ladies' night on the town has the best restaurants for dinner with girlfriends, followed by recommendations for drinks and dancing!
Dinner and Drinks
Our prerequisites for dinner in Scottsdale include a delicious – but light – bite, a beverage program that includes craft cocktails and sparkling wine, a chic ambiance, and a location close to the Old Town nightlife scene. A frequented dinner spot of ours is Sushi Roku at the W Scottsdale. Sexy is the best way to describe the place, - from the interior design to the people walking through the door and even the plates coming out of the kitchen. Not to mention the VIP treatment at the restaurant and a service that will help you make reservations wherever you want to go in the Old Town Entertainment District.
- The Mission: Not feeling sushi and sparkling? Try gourmet street tacos, tableside guacamole and a mezcal margarita on The Mission’s cozy front patio – it’s perfect for people-watching.
- Mastro’s City Hall: One of the top Scottsdale spots to be seen. Definitely, the place to go for a spectacular seafood tower and a martini.
- Olive & Ivy: With a beautiful patio that looks out onto the Scottsdale Waterfront and a menu featuring shared plates like bruschetta and flatbreads, Olive & Ivy is a prime group spot.
Now that we’ve had dinner and our first drink of the evening, we go for a spot somewhere between a posh restaurant and Scottsdale nightclub. This is where we “rally the troops” and start getting amped up for the night. If we’ve had dinner at Sushi Roku, we often make our way up the stairs to Cottontail Lounge, located on the pool level of W Scottsdale. This is one of the best places to grab a glass of champagne and get in touch with your nightlife vibes as you dance to the DJ and look out on Old Town Scottsdale.
- The Beverly: The Beverly is an upscale cocktail lounge with a speakeasy vibe. Rich woods, leather seats and dazzling chandeliers add to the ambiance. This is the place to beat for classic cocktails and chic ambiance.
- Montauk: At this nautical-themed restaurant and bar you can sit down for a nice dinner or enjoy tableside bottle service. With its prime location on Scottsdale Road, it's perfect for an in-between drink.
- ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho: Don’t let the fact that this is hotel bar fool you. It’s one of the hottest spots in town and packs a one-two punch with an amazing retro vibe and live music on the weekends.
Chances are, if you’re out for a night on the town with the ladies, you won’t be standing in line. You have the option of purchasing bottle service (which allows you to skip the line) or your group might catch the eye of a nice club promoter who will escort you and your besties straight to the VIP area. On a recent adventure, we found ourselves with bottle service at El Hefe. And yes, we used those tables covered in confetti for dancing (as was intended).