Meetings by Industry: Medical
If your organization wants to be on the leading edge of advancements in the healthcare industry, host your next meeting in Scottsdale. In addition to more than 70 hotels and resorts in all price points, hassle-free air and ground transportation and 330 days of annual sunshine, Scottsdale is home to a burgeoning medical, pharma and biotech industry.
The Industry in Scottsdale
- Scottsdale’s Cure Corridor leverages a highly skilled workforce, of which 20% are in health or bio-related fields, including pharmaceuticals, other biological products, biotech research and medical laboratories.
- Scottsdale healthcare and bioscience jobs increased 18 percent from 2012-2017 compared to 10.7 percent nationally.
- The Mayo Clinic, with campuses in Scottsdale and Phoenix, serves more than 100,000 patients per year, and is rated the #1 hospital in Arizona.
- Honor Health offers more than 3,700 affiliated physicians in Arizona and has three acute-care hospitals in Scottsdale alone, as well as outpatient center such as the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center.
What Scottsdale Brings to the Table
- Flexibility to convert guestrooms and suites into breakouts in order to host interview or regional meetings for a productive work environment.
- Experience Scottsdale’s staff and many others within our community are Healthcare Meetings Compliance Certified (HMCC)
- Experience Scottsdale is an MPI MD sponsor and serves on the organization’s advisory board.
- Scottsdale proudly hosts pharma sales meetings, pharma product training, medical device sales meetings and Train the Trainer programs, Continuing Medical Education (CME), and plan-of-action meetings.
- Experience Scottsdale offers an annual Medical Meetings FAM tour, which gives you the opportunity to experience the destination firsthand and attend an education session worth one (1) CEU.
What the Professionals are Saying
“Experience Scottsdale takes an innovative approach to medical meetings. Their experienced, educated, top-notch team is always on the cutting edge because they are well-trained in what it takes to provide the perfect experience for medical and pharmaceutical conferences. Look to Experience Scottsdale first – you won’t regret it!"
Judith Johnson, CMP, HMCC