15 Ways To Make Your Scottsdale Event More Memorable
We know that the best meeting planners are always seeking fresh and innovative ways to improve programs. Luckily for you, there is plenty of opportunity to impress employees and VIPs here in Scottsdale. From one-of-a-kind bites to quintessential hotels and resorts, here’s how to make team meetings more interesting in the Sonoran Desert.
Memorable Meals & Must-Try Dishes
- With chunky Hass avocado, a piquant chipotle puree and roasted pepitas, the Guacamole at The Mission is made to your personal taste preference by the restaurant’s expert crew (Insider tip: order a side of warm, house-made tortillas - served on a heated salt brick - as an alternative to chips).
- El Chorro’s Sticky Buns are so popular that they’ve actually inspired fan websites and spin-off recipes. Fresh out of the oven, the gooey cinnamon and brown sugar goodness is served as a sweet treat before every meal at this time-honored Arizona restaurant.
- From appearances in the Food Network to PBS and Food & Wine magazine, the seasonal veggie-forward dishes at FnB are downright media darlings on a menu carefully crafted by James Beard Award Winner Chef Charleen Badman.
- You can enjoy the handmade tortillas with your meal and take some home as a foodie souvenir when you book a group dinner at Old Town Tortilla Factory, famous as much for its historic Southwest architecture as it is for innovative Mexican eats.
- Featuring 240+ varieties of tequila from 36 different labels curated by a certified Tequila Goddess, La Hacienda at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is Celebrity Chef Richard Sandoval’s take on modern Mexican cuisine – don’t leave without a specialty flaming coffee!
Interactive Meetings Ideas & Unique Team-Building Activities
- The Short Course at Mountain Shadows is an all-par-3 track perfect for fun and fast-moving play in between important meetings, and you can round-out your day with a Nighttime Glow Putting Contest under the Sonoran Desert stars.
- Did you know? Old Town Scottsdale is home to its very own Scottsdale Wine Trail, made up of six unique tasting rooms with varietals from Arizona’s growing regions, including Cabernet Sauvignon from Cochise County and Malvasia out of The Verde Valley.
- A day trip from the Scottsdale area to the Grand Canyon is effortless with Westwind Air Service, and you and your group will soar high above fantastic Sonoran Desert landscapes, across the Tonto National Forest and Red Rock formations of Sedona, and on over the canyon’s jaw-dropping rocks and gorges.
- Get behind the wheel of an authentic, military-grade TomCar ATV and take adventure into your own hands with a guided excursion from Desert Wolf Tours, where you’ll maneuver rugged terrain while soaking in jaw-dropping views, plus desert trivia and survival tips from the pros.
- Customize an artsy escape with Ultimate Art & Cultural Tours and your group can learn all about Scottsdale’s art galleries, working artist studios, world-class museums and architecture – from historic to mid-century, contemporary, modern and beyond.
Quintessential Sonoran Desert Stays & Spas
- Surround yourself with the inspiring energies of the Sonoran Desert at The Boulders Resort & Spa, where much of its natural, rocky terrain dates back millions of years and regional flavors influence everything from the hacienda-style architecture to the one-of-a-kind spa experiences.
- Arizona’s dramatic terrain is certainly front and center at Civana Wellness Resort & Spa, and this chic and minimalist hideaway is popular for its focused yet accessible approach to health and wellness, complete with a 22,000-square-foot spa inspired by the healing element of water.
- Set high on 40 acres of vibrant desert expanse near Pinnacle Peak Park, the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North boasts some of the most awe-inspiring views around, which your group can enjoy while golfing, dining, hiking or just roaming the magical grounds.
- Perched on one of Scottsdale’s most popular landmarks, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa features a lush and serene eco-chic setting that’s quiet and exclusive, yet close enough to Old Town Scottsdale’s dining, shopping and nightlife hotspots.
- JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa is one of Scottsdale’s original luxury escapes, beloved for its hacienda-style design and Sonoran Desert surrounds, not to mention the 18-hole championship golf course and regionally inspired spa treatments.