At Experience Scottsdale, we empathize with everyone who has been impacted directly or indirectly by the COVID-19 virus. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is of the utmost importance to us, and we will continue to bring you the most up-to-date information and resources as they become available.
Arizona's COVID-19 Response
Arizona’s governor has issued a “stay-at-home” order effective through May 15, 2020. During this time, individuals are encouraged to limit their time away from their place of residence, maintain proper hygiene, avoid close physical contact, and wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other physical distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Local Business Closures & Event Cancellations
While the stay-at-home order is in effect, many Scottsdale businesses, including some hotels and restaurants and most attractions, bars and retailers, are temporarily closed. Additionally, Scottsdale events are postponed or canceled.
Over the coming weeks, retailers will open on a voluntary basis with limited operations. If you are considering visiting any attractions, retailers or other establishments either before or after that May 15, 2020, deadline, we recommend calling ahead to learn about policies or continued closures.
The Scottsdale Tourist Information Center, located in Scottsdale Fashion Square (7014 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251) is closed until further notice.
I’m in Scottsdale Now – What Can I Do?
Several Scottsdale hotels are open and ready to welcome guests with clean rooms and plenty of warm hospitality. If you’re in need of accommodations for yourself, friends or family, these Scottsdale properties are here to help.
While in Scottsdale, you can still sample the area's culinary delights, explore top attractions and shop local retailers securely from your home or hotel room. Many Scottsdale restaurants are offering to-go meals, attractions are providing virtual, behind-the-scenes tours, and retailers are selling unique gifts online. Browse all these options here.
Though limited to your time outside, you can explore Scottsdale’s great outdoors for some daily exercise.
- Take a hike in Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve. The Preserve is open daily from sunrise to sunset and offers 225 miles of trails for hiking and mountain biking. Access to the Preserve’s seven trailheads is free.
- Explore the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt, a lush public space offering miles of biking and walking paths, and parks for humans and pups.
- Hunt for signs of spring on a wildflower hike.
- Enjoy hiking at one of our area lakes and rivers.
- Stay fit with a run along one of the city’s scenic jogging routes.
Other essential businesses that can be enjoyed during this time, while keeping safe physical distance, include golf courses and farmers markets. Please consider calling ahead if you are planning a visit to ensure they are open.
I'm an Experience Scottsdale Member - What are My Resources?
- Support Scottsdale houses a variety of resources that assist with networking, loan and job opportunities, as well as ways that Scottsdale residents can support our favorite restaurants, shops, attractions and more.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Maricopa County Public Health
- City of Scottsdale
From all of us at Experience Scottsdale, we wish you and your families the best of health and look forward to welcoming you to Scottsdale when the time is right. In the meantime, we’ll save some sunshine for you.