The Car-Free Guide to Visiting Scottsdale
We get it – sometimes, you just don’t want to drive while you’re on vacation. Even when your destination is Scottsdale, which boasts ample freeways and well-maintained roads laid out in an easy-to-navigate grid.
Lucky for you, Old Town Scottsdale contains everything you need for a memorable vacation packed into one square mile of easily walkable neighborhoods filled with top-notch hotels, restaurants, shops, art galleries and attractions. Just check out Old Town by the numbers:
- 10 hotels (Aloft Scottsdale, Bespoke Inn Scottsdale, BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial, Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town, Hotel Valley Ho, Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town, Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town, The Saguaro Scottsdale, Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town, W Scottsdale Hotel)
- 4 museums (Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale’s Museum of the West, Scottsdale Historical Society Museum, Scottsdale’s Rodeo Museum)
- 6 wine tasting rooms
- 8 craft beer houses and breweries
- 10 public art installations
- 15 historical sites
- 25 art galleries
- 90 restaurants, bars and nightclubs
- 350+ shops and boutiques, including 200+ retailers, a luxury cinema, restaurants and a community theater at Scottsdale Fashion Square mall
Yup, all this vacation goodness in one spectacular square mile! And if you don’t want to walk all of it, hop aboard the Scottsdale Trolley, which runs throughout Old Town every day from 10 a.m. to 9:25 p.m. You can ride as many times as you’d like for free all day long! In addition to the trolley, you’ll also find electric scooters and bikes for rent in Old Town, as well as street-legal golf carts that you can hail for a ride.
Now, if you’re flying into town, you will have to get to Old Town from the airport. But not to worry – it’s an easy 20-minute trip easily accessible by Lyft, Uber or taxi.
So next time you visit Scottsdale, check into Old Town Scottsdale and enjoy the hassle-free, no-drive vacation of a lifetime.