What to Wear for a Night Out in Scottsdale
Wine bars, cozy lounges, hip dance clubs, and decadent dessert spots. All are great for a late-night rendezvous, and Scottsdale has plenty to choose from. Once you figure out where to go, the big question is what to wear. Here are a few tips to get you started.
For the ladies: Ready to dance the night away? Follow these tips for a memorable night out!
- When hitting the club scene, your favorite party dress is a perfect choice.
- Statement jewelry is very popular right now. Dazzle up your little black dress with a pop of color or sparkle to stand out on the dance floor.
- Heels with ankle straps can provide extra support so you can keep on dancing. Nude color platform heels are also a perfect pairing with just about any party dress.
- Bring a clutch, or better yet a crossbody, rather than carrying a large purse.
- For a chic and classic hairstyle, try soft curls or a sophisticated up-do.
Going for a Western look? Try a Western hat or an embellished belt—two accessories that go with most any outfit. Check out Saba’s Western Wear in downtown Scottsdale and consider adding an exclusive new piece to your wardrobe. You can also pair a patterned or embroidered dress with a chambray top to create that Western feel.
Insider’s tip – Fashion Don’t:
Unfriendly footwear: If you’re planning on getting down on the dance floor, try a wedge heel for both a stylish and comfortable look. Make sure to leave flip flops and flats in the hotel room.
For the gents:
- Jeans are a safe bet, but avoid the pair with too many holes and tears (you know the pair we’re talking about).
- Collared shirts are recommended. Avoid t-shirts and tank tops.
- Sport coats or jackets not required but are a great look for most guys.
- Class up your denim with the right footwear – no flip flops or tennis shoes – a nice-looking, stylish dress shoe or loafer are the way to go.
- No caps or baseball hats. Athletic wear is generally not permissible.
If you’re looking to incorporate some Western wear, worn in jeans, boots, and a plaid shirt will do the trick. If you’re country enough, top it off with a cowboy hat.
Insider’s tip – Fashion Don’t: Shmedium Shirts: Shmedium shirts are medium in actual size, but the guy wearing it should be wearing a large. This creates a super tight shirt, and is not a good look. Mostly seen in overly muscular guys, this should be avoided on your night out in Scottsdale. Don’t bethat guy.
If you didn’t quite pack for the evening scene, Scottsdale Fashion Square is full of popular retailers to choose from.