- By the end of 2023 the The Scottsdale Resort & Spa will be known as The Scottsdale Resort & Spa by Hilton after completing a comprehensive multimillion-dollar enhancement of its guest rooms, common areas, food and beverage outlets, its 90,000 square feet of flexible event space, and full-service spa.
- The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch has begun a $110-million renovation and will be rebranded as Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort & Spa in late 2024. This will mark the first Grand Hyatt hotel in Arizona.
- The Garden venue at the Hermosa Inn, a boutique hideaway is scheduled to be complete by the end of September or early October 2023. The Garden will include an abundance of native flora with many a bougainvillea, a picturesque pergola, two firepits, at least one water feature and a rock bridge leading to a special raised ceremony area. The Garden will be available for weddings and receptions, as well as corporate receptions and events, for up to 60 guests. Hermosa Inn was recently named Arizona’s #1 resort for 2023 by Travel + Leisure readers.
- Hailed as one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, pickleball abounds in Scottsdale. Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale, Curio Collection by Hilton, well-known for its golf course and tennis amenities, will open 12 new pickleball courts this fall along with private lessons and group programming for the sport.
- Those staying at ADERO Scottsdale Resort can now take adventures to the next level with REI Co-op Experiences. Explore the 400 miles of trails surrounding the property on a hiking or biking excursion with the resort’s “Ride & Relax” and “Hiking and Stay” special offers. Both include exclusive pricing on REI Co-op tours and a daily food & beverage credit, plus an adventure-ready package with a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, and an ADERO baseball cap.
CREATIVE TEAM BUILDING
- Coffee lover. Dog person. Explorer. Optimist. The folks at JabberYak believe innovation, creativity and collaboration all begin with human connection based on mutually significant interests. Their patent-pending technology provides groups with a complete event engagement and networking solution based on sharing common interests that relieves social tension, helps conversations flow, and adapts to fit all your specific business needs.
- Looking for a feel-good team-building activity or spouse program? Light + Bark Candle Co., whose name is a play on the concept of light and dark, is committed to supporting the rescue and adoption of shelter dogs while making high-quality scented soy candles. A portion of the proceeds from all Light + Bark retail sales and group workshops go to support local pups in need.
SIP & SAVOR
- Two new restaurants are landing at Scottsdale’s luxury retail destination, Scottsdale Fashion Square. Moxies has opened its first Arizona location, featuring a globally inspired cuisine within a modern-chic and contemporary atmosphere. Élephante – marking its first location outside of Los Angeles – will debut in early 2024 with the ambiance of an elevated, jungle oasis and offering a new grill section with a curated selection of premium meats, in addition to its signature menu items.
- Caesars Republic Scottsdale, opening Feb. 2024, recently announced its upscale dining outlet and lounge, SEVEN. The swanky spot will provide one-of-a-kind views of Camelback Mountain from the seventh floor of the hotel, adjacent to the rooftop pool. SEVEN’s menu combines indigenous Arizona ingredients with contemporary Yucatán inspired flavors.
- Chicago favorite, JoJo's Shake BAR is new to Scottsdale Quarter shopping center with touches of 80’s and 90’s nostalgia in its arcade game tables and walk-up window, and serves over-the-top milkshakes and elevated diner fare.
- Experience the essence of Italy and take a global culinary journey at the Scottsdale Taste of Italy & International Food Fair at Scottsdale Stadium, Oct. 21-22, 2023. Prepare to embark on a sensational adventure for your palate, immersing yourself in a culinary spectacle that stands apart from the rest. A variety of food and beverage vendors offering taste of global cuisine will be offered.
- The Spooktacular Balloon Festival returns to Salt River Fields, Oct. 27-28, 2023! This hot-air balloon extravaganza and Halloween festival includes a stunning display of more than 20 balloons that will be distributing a whopping 4,000 pounds of candy to eager trick-or-treaters! A haunted Spooky Trail, tethered balloon rides and dazzling fireworks displays add to the fun.
- The first-ever Dreamy Draw Music Festival will be held Nov. 3-4, 2023, at the newly renovated Scottsdale Civic Center in Old Town. Celebrating the fusion of country and Americana, the festival features headliners including Midland, Lord Huron, Margo Price and Luke Grimes, as well as art activations, the Dreamy Draw Trading Post vendor area, and various food and beverage options.
- Scottsdale’s annual, large-scale public art festival, Canal Convergence, returns to the Scottsdale Waterfront Nov. 3-12, 2023. This year’s theme is “The Power of Play,” which will explore the power and influence of play in people’s lives through engaging public art and performances. During the free 10-day event, visitors can immerse themselves in interactive art, augmented reality, music, dance, and fire shows on the historic Arizona Canal in Old Town Scottsdale.
NEW TO EXPERIENCE SCOTTSDALE
- Sami Fyie joined Experience Scottsdale’s Convention Sales team as Destination Services & Business Development Manager in July 2023. Sami’s previous experience includes event planning, corporate and social sales, community outreach, and business development for companies such as Heidi’s Events & Catering, Archer Western Construction, and iPic Theaters. She graduated from Arizona State University and has volunteered on many local boards. She also currently serves as director of Cat Cavorting, a 501(c)(3) focused on helping manage outdoor cat colonies and rescuing adoptable cats off the streets. In her role at Experience Scottsdale, Sami will assist meetings professionals in matching their requests for destination management services, off-property venues, and other types of services with member businesses. She also will support the sales team through business development efforts to help generate new business opportunities for the destination.
- Ryan Pivonka also joined the Experience Scottsdale Convention Sales team in July as the new National Sales Manager for the Southeast market. Ryan has extensive experience in the hospitality industry working as a sales manager for the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort. He also has operations experience at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. In addition, Ryan was with Visit Phoenix for six years as a sales manager focused on small meetings, as a business development manager for citywide sales, and as a national convention sales manager. He graduated from Northern Arizona University. In his role at Experience Scottsdale, Ryan will generate meetings business for Scottsdale-area hotels from the Southeast market, including Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.